Tata “Nano” is finally out. Tata publically launched the most awaited and anticipated car “Nano”. Now anyone interested can go on to book the car from 9th of April. Why this car does received so much of limelight. Why was it so much hyped? What so great about it?
There are many reasons for that. To start with it was most anticipated car because Tata Motors tagged it as a “Worlds cheapest car”. And it was said to be Ratan Tata’s dream to make an affordable car for Indians for just Rupees 1 Lac. It was big challenge for Tata Motors. World was keen to see how they manage to make such a cheap car without compromising on quality. People used to joke that Tata motors will end up making a golf cart with doors, nothing more. But Tata motors come out winners. The car has celebrity status in India today.
It also received publicity due to the row in West Bengal over the acquisition of farmers land for the Nano’s manufacturing unit. It was big political mess, many thought that Nano won’t be out this year. But Tata motors still manage to produce the cars.
Tata “Nano” is going to capture the small car market big way. It is going to be next Indian car after the Maruti 800. It will not only eat out large chunk of small car market but also create its own market as it is affordable for almost everyone in India. And anyone who has a dream to own a car will go for it. As the Nano is priced from 1 Lac 20 Thousand to 1 Lac 90 Thousand as per the city and as per colors, accessories and models.
Now the interesting thing to watch will be, how rival companies counter the Tata Nano? What will be their answer to Tata’s Nano? If they also going to announce cheap cars like this. Then it will change the face of Auto industry. And as consumer it will be for our benefit only. So Tata Nano opened many doors of possibilities and hopes.
Check out what Tata Nano’s Official website has to say about the car:
- Designed with a family in mind, the Nano has a roomy passenger compartment with generous leg space and head room.
- Can comfortably seat four persons. Four doors with high seating position make ingress and egress easy.
- With a length of 3.1 metres, width of 1.5 metres and height of 1.6 metres, with adequate ground clearance, it can effortlessly manoeuvre on busy roads in cities as well as in rural areas.
- Its mono-volume design, with wheels at the corners and the powertrain at the rear, enables it to uniquely combine both space and manoeuvrability, which will set a new benchmark among small cars.
- The Nano has a rear-wheel drive, all-aluminium, two-cylinder, 623 cc, 33 PS, multi point fuel injection petrol engine. This is the first time that a two-cylinder gasoline engine is being used in a car with single balancer shaft.
- The lean design strategy has helped minimise weight, which helps maximise performance per unit of energy consumed and delivers high fuel efficiency.
- Performance is controlled by a specially designed electronic engine management system.
Meets all safety requirements:
- The Nano's safety performance exceeds current regulatory requirements. With an all sheet-metal body, it has a strong passenger compartment, with safety features such as crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats and anchorages, and the rear tailgate glass bonded to the body.
- Tubeless tyres further enhance safety.
- The Nano's tailpipe emission performance exceeds regulatory requirements. In terms of overall pollutants, it has a lower pollution level than two-wheelers being manufactured in India today.
- The high fuel efficiency also ensures that the car has low carbon dioxide emissions, thereby providing the twin benefits of an affordable transportation solution with a low carbon footprint.